Tuesday 24 September 2013

September Glossybox: The London Edition

For those of you who may be unaware of just what exactly Glossybox is, it is a beauty box subscription that you receive once a month, and the box is filled with samples of 5 beauty products that might be new to the market, or even not yet available in the UK. One of the things I love about Glossybox is the amount of effort that goes into the design of each box - they all have a different theme, with this months theme being 'The London Edition', filled with goodies inspired by London Fashion Week.



Rimmel | 'Stay Blushed' Blusher


 
I was rather excited to receive this in my Glossybox this month as it is a product I have been meaning to try for quite some time. Blushers are one of the beauty products that I tend to shy away from as if you get the wrong shade, I think it can look bad. Anyway, this is Rimmels first liquid blusher, and the description reads: 'Lightweight liquid blush blends instantly and seamlessly'. Lightweight it certainly is! I received it in the shade '001 Pop of Pink' which suggests to me a fairly natural colour, but when I squeezed some out I was taken aback by how bright it appeared. Not to worry though, it blends beautifully and the colour was a perfect shade of pink, not too bright at all. Overall I was rather pleased with this! A full size 14ml bottle costs just £4.49.
 

TONI&GUY HairMeetWardrobe | Classic Shine & Gloss Serum

 
 
This was a product that at first glance I thought 'probably not going to use that' as I am not a huge fan of shiny, glossy hair - I much prefer a more natural look. However, as one of the whole points to Glossybox is trying out products that you may not necessarily usually go for, I thought I may as well give it a go. This is a limited edition bottled designed by Lulu Kennedy for HairMeetWardrobe. On the bottle it claims to 'control frizz with lightweight shine and alignment' which seemed a bit of a bizarre description to me - aligning hair?? But nethertheless I tried it out. I applied it to dry hair and blended it thoughout the ends of my hair, and definitely noticed a difference to the shine and the texture of my hair appeared much smoother. It retails at £7.19 for 30ml.

 

Eylure | Pre-glued Lashes

 
 
I used to be an avid eyelashe-wearer whenever I was going out somewhere in the evening, but then about a year ago, decided to take a break as I just found them to be too high maintenance for a night out - who wants to be constantly checking that they don't have a stray false eyelash halfway down their face when they're supposed to be out having fun? But I have recently been coming back round to the idea of them, so these arrived at a good time. Eyelure are definitely my go-to brand for false eyelashes as they are such good price for such a good price - these ones retail at £5.06 for one set, but are reusable.

 

Elizabeth Arden | 'Untold'

 

I wasn't overly fussed about receiving this scent - I've never been a fan of the Elizabeth Arden perfumes to be honest. The smell of this is quite strong at first sniff, but does settle down after a while. A 50ml bottle of this is £48, £69 for 100ml and to be completely honest there are many other perfumes out there that I love and would rather spend that money on. It is definitely not one that I will be purchasing myself!

 

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics | Onyx Eye Liner

 

I'd never actually heard of Be a Bombshell before receiving this product. It's an eye liner that comes in the form of a felt tip pen, much like the L'oreal Superliner. I love these as are so easy to use - there's none of that difficulty of doing one stroke too thick on one eye or whatever - you literally just draw it on. This one is Onyx' best-selling eyeliner which gave me high hopes, and I wasn't dissapointed. It retails at $14 for 3g, and I don't think it is actually sold in the UK at the moment, so for those of you from the UK or elsewhere who are interested in the idea of this product, I would recommend the L'oreal Superliner.

Overall, I think this was a pretty average box in terms of how much use I am likely to get out of some of the products, but I am pleased with the blusher and eyelashes and will certainly be staying subscribed to see what's in the next box! Are any of you subscribed to Glossybox? Let me know in the comments what you got in your box. Thanks for reading!
 
Love, Natasha
x





No comments :

Post a Comment